GREF Fellows receive benefits as follows:
- Prepaid airfare to attend the Orientation and/or the End-Of-Summer Workshop (both held at locations to be determined), if they choose to attend (attendance is encouraged but it is voluntary). The program also pays lodging and per diem, and reimbursement of incidental expenses for the Orientation and Workshop.
- A $1500 monthly stipend during their GREF fellowship, as well as tuition and fees.
- A $1,200 Research/Education Supplement paid in two installments, $600 in October and another $600 in March each year, for travel to professional meetings to present results of their GREF research, or for special research equipment, materials and/or supplies.
- Those GREF Fellows who actively participate in research with their Research Mentor at a DOE OBER Global Change Research facility will receive an enhanced stipend of $730 weekly, in lieu of their regular stipend, for the duration of their involvement at the research facility. The purpose of the research activity must be documented, the Faculty Advisor and the DOE Research Mentor must endorse, the Chief Scientist and the Program Manager must approve, and adequate funding must be available.
- Other requests for assistance to professional meetings beyond the $1,200 Research/education Supplement per year will be considered on a case-by-case basis (requirements are similar as in #4 above).
SURE Fellows receive the following benefits:
- Prepaid airfare from their home or school to a weeklong Orientation, then to their individual research facility to do a summer project with their mentor, then to the End-Of-Summer Workshop, and then back to either home or school. The program also pays lodging and per diem, and reimbursement of incidental expenses for the Orientation and Workshop. (Orientation and Workshop locations to be determined).
- A weekly stipend of $475, which is prorated as necessary at $95 per workday.
If you have questions concerning these benefits, feel free to contact Dr. Jeff Gaffney, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, (501) 569-8840, firstname.lastname@example.org , Dr. Nancy Marley, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, (501) 569-8844, email@example.com, or Dr. Milton Constantin, Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, (865) 576-7009, firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.